UPDATE: PlacentaCon 2016 tickets available now!
Last month, PBi hosted the first annual PlacentaCON, a conference for placenta fans and birth professionals, which was held in Las Vegas, NV at the Springs Preserve. We had a great turn out and a wonderful time networking and getting to know birth workers from other areas of the country. The intimate and natural setting, paired with the perfect weather made for a spectacular event.
There were a variety of topics discussed at PlacentaCON and each speaker’s presentation was engaging and thorough, which led to great dialogue. Sharon Young and Dr. Benyshek presented on the preliminary results of the placebo vs. placenta study currently underway at UNLV and also discussed past and future placentophagy research. The other topics discussed were:
- *Not Your Grandmother’s Nutrition Class by Chandler Marrs
- *Postpartum Care Practices & Bengkung Belly Binding by Kim Trower, CPM
- *Placenta & Lactation by Jollina Simpson, IBCLC
- *Honoring the Placenta Through Print Making by Carmen Calvo
- *Making Placenta Salves & Tinctures by Celeste Fahnert
- *Caring for Mothers: Postpartum Survival by Jodi Selander
- *The Past, Present & Future of Placentophagy Research by Sharon Young
A portion of the proceeds from the event went to help support Bumi Sehat, a foundation striving to give mothers access to quality healthcare around the world.