PlacentaCon 2016 is nearly upon us – March 26, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV.
We have a terrific lineup of speakers, presenting information on a variety of topics:
- Maryn Taylor and Maria Pokluda, of Dallas Ft. Worth Placentas, will be giving a presentation on running a placenta-based business.
- Sara Harkness from Sacred Postpartum will be sharing ways in which we can honor the placenta, and demonstrate belly binding.
- Laura Gryder from UNLV will be presenting research on iron and its effect on women in the postpartum period.
- Patricia Edmonds, midwife and author of Placenta: A Guide to Examination (aka, the Placenta Bible) will be giving us a detailed demonstration on placenta anatomy and examination.
- Michelle Escasa-Dorne from University of Colorado will be sharing her research on women’s fluctuating libido and its adaptive functioning during postpartum recovery.
- Sharon Young, UNLV Human Maternal Placentophagy researcher will be sharing some interesting points from the placenta versus placebo research study we conducted.
- Dr. Daniel Benyshek is attending and will be on our Research Panel at the end to answer questions about the UNLV placenta versus placebo research.
We are using PlacentaCon as a fundraiser for Ibu Robin Lim and the Bumi Sehat Foundation. Portions of ticket sales, as well as a full Art Auction Benefit will go toward supporting their clinic in Bali, which provides donation-only health care to Indonesia’s poorest residents.
We still have tickets available if you’d like to attend, it’s going to be a fabulous event!