We met with the lawyer this afternoon, and he is going to draft a letter to Sunrise Hospital reminding them that Anne’s placenta is evidence for a potential court case, and that it would be prudent not to destroy that evidence. Hopefully it will be enough to keep the placenta in its current frozen state while we gather information and resources to pursue the case further.
Please contact me by email or phone (702.947.0879) if any of the following situations applies to you:
* If your OB has already signed the Release of Liability form I previously gave you, I would love to have a copy of that. If you have a copy, please fax it to me at 702.953.7384, or you can contact the hospital and ask them to fax it to you personally, or to that # if they will.
* If you are currently expecting and plan to deliver in a Nevada hospital, I have a letter that you can send to the hospital declaring your intent to take your placenta home with you once your baby is born. We need to start gathering written responses from area hospitals.
* If you requested your placenta from a Nevada hospital and they refused to release it, I’d love to hear from you.
* If you have ingested your placenta and would be willing to submit a statement as to the safety and/or efficacy of the practice of placentophagy, it would support our cause.
* If you have contact information for any physician or natural health activist who may be willing to help on our behalf , please let me know. It would also be beneficial to have a personal contact within the Southern Nevada Health District who would be willing to advocate for our position that the ingestion of a woman’s own placenta does not pose a health risk to her or the public at large.
* There is a reporter from the Las Vegas Review-Journal who wants to write a story regarding this situation. If you are a former client of mine and would like to tell your story of using your baby’s placenta capsules during your postpartum recovery, I will be happy to share her contact information with you. She’s particularly interested in hearing from women who did not ingest their first baby’s placenta, but had a better postpartum experience in subsequent pregnancies after doing so.
We need your stories, help, activism and support! Thanks so much for your time and energy. Blessings!